Pabitin

Many people can write a way better story than I, however I decided to give it a shot. There are many things going through my head. Marami rami rin akong gustong isulat pero I can't seem to get it out in writing. Well here is my first shot so please be kind... I'm sorry if its a little corny.
~ ~

DISCLAIMER
The contents of the story are based on fictional characters and that it is an unintended coincidence if they reflect anyone real.


Another year has passed by and I am a year older. I sat down on our sofa waiting for the visitors to come. Then one by one they all came and greeted me a happy birthday. It was my 10th birthday party. I invited everyone from my class along with this girl I had a crush on. She arrived at our house, greeted me.

Chelsea: Happy birthday Brian.
Brian: Salamat.

She then hurriedly went in and started playing with the other kids. I joined in with them and we played all through the afternoon until we had to go and eat. After a while during my meal I heard my Dad yell, “Kids! Pabitin! [1 ]” One by one the kids got up and went towards the pabitin. My best friend pulled me out of my seat.

James: Hey, pabitin na! bilis! Paramihan tayo ng makukuha.
Brian: O sige ba!
~
Dad: Ready na ba kayo kids?
All: Opo!

Everyone started jumping and so did I. I was aiming for the Tamagochi at the middle of the pabitin. I have wanted to get that since I saw it in the pabitin in our garage. I leaped as high as I can and managed to snatch it before someone else grabs it.

I got it! Yes!

I ran to my table and opened the package. I immediately put the batteries and started playing with it. I didn’t even mind that my best friend and I had a friendly competition.

James: Brian! Yan lang ba ang kinuha mo?
Brian: Oo eh. Eto lang naman ang gusto ko duon eh.
James: Tignan mo nakuha ko ang dame oh! May pera, candy, tsokolate at tattoo! Talo kita!
Brian: Oh sige… panalo ka na!
James: Sige Brian. Maglalaro lang ako kasama nila. Bantayan mo gamit ko ha! Talo ka kasi eh!

I didn’t mind the teasing I got from my best friend. We usually have friendly competitions over anything. He started playing with the other kids from my class. I stayed and sat by myself playing my Tamagochi. I was so focused on playing and I didn’t notice someone sat beside me.

~ To be Continued ~


[1] Pabitin - A filipino party game that is usually played by children that contains goodies where children competes and jumps to reach first the prize they want.

LOL what a definition! Tama ba?

Posted by Kiro @ 9:54 p.m. |

Kironobu



    Welcome to my Turf. I'm some dude living in Ontario Canada. Twenty two years old. RPN student. Asian movie addict. Self proclaimed artist. I joke around most of the time but people seems to take me seriously. Don't worry guys I'm harmless! ;p

    View My Profile

Twitter


follow kironobu at http://twitter.com

Now Playing

Archives

Previous Posts

Recent Readers

Credits