Wintember
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Aba Aba! Kamusta? Well... time flies by really fast eh? Its December already! And what comes with the month of December? Well... yea Christmas but not just that... WINTER! Yup... the worst season of the year... well maybe not much... spring and fall ain't a picnic either. Talking about allergies in the spring and really wet and nasty weather in the fall or should I say AUTUMN. Winter on the other hand has snow. I hate snow... well more like slush. Let me rephrase it, I HATE SLUSH!.
Today was a typical Saturday. Woke up, went to work, went home, went to work again and went home again for good. Minus the money trouble I had at the first job... the day has been good. Until this happened... Ok so, i was heading home. I got off the bus and walked to our house. I was walking and suddenly I slid. It is my first "Slippage" (my term for slip) of the season. I slid on freezing water on the side walk. Man... that's one more thing that sucks about winter. I managed not to fall... well yea I am that good. HAHA!
Well for new comers, who came from a country without winter and went to a country that has winter like Canada,winter can be difficult. When I was new... I have slipped and fell down. my friends who just came here and experienced winter for the first time slipped and fell. I am not saying that it only happens to new comers... its just it is more likely they will fall. As for me, I am used to slipping now but I manage to gain my balance and not fall down... sometimes. Its just a matter of getting used to it and being good with your balance. My only advice to you who are new is try and watch where you are walking and be aware. It doesn't matter if you walk like a grandma in the winter. The thing that matters is you are safe and not falling and breaking any bones. I tell you... you can break your bones from just slipping.
Well... I guess I'll be off now. I am maybe going to play some Gunbound then head to sleep. Ciao!
Posted by Kiro @ 11:01 p.m. |