Pabitin part 2
Monday, June 04, 2007
I was too busy to look and I continued to play not minding who was sitting right beside me. I then felt a nudge that made me nearly drop the Tamagochi on the ground. I looked beside me and saw Chelsea sitting there with a smile on her face. Since she knows that I like her she has been somewhat awkward around me. To my surprise, she then asked me to put my Tamagochi aside and if I wanted to get some Ice cream with her. We got up and went to the table where the Ice cream were.
Mom: Oh Chelsea, anak... anong gusto niyong ice cream?
Chelsea: Chocolate po!
Brian: Chocolate din po!
Mom: Wala nang apa so sa bowl ko na lang ilalagay ha.
Chelsea: Sige po! at share na lang rin po kame.
I was totally shocked when she said that. I just kept quiet because I did not know what to say and besides we were just ten years old. We went back to our table and shared the ice cream. She kept on looking at me as if we were out on a hot bright shiny summer day in the park. She picked up the napkin trying to wipe off the ice cream on my face. I didn't stop her and let her continue.
Chelsea: Brian! May ice cream ka sa chin mo... punasan ko ha?
Brian: Okay ^^
Chelsea: Ayan okay na! Laro tayo!?!
Brian: Okay.
All I could say was OK. We finished our ice cream and went to play with the other kids. We were having so much fun. I could not stop thinking and staring at her. I would always get tagged "it" because I wasn't paying much attention to the game. She then came up to me and told me that she was tired. We then quit the game and went to cool of by getting some buko juice. I sat on our table while she sat at the swing right across the table. I thought to myself, "why is she being so close to me now?" then I thought, "maybe because its my birthday". I picked up my Tamagochi and started playing again.
Chelsea: Ano ginagawa mo?
Brian: Wala lang, naglalaro...
Chelsea: Oh okay. Pwede ako, palaro?
Brian: Sige eto oh. Marunong ka ba?
Chelsea: Edi turuan mo ako!
She got off the swing and sat right back beside me. We spent some time there until we heard Chelsea's mom call her. It's time to go home. We got off our chairs and looked at each other.
Chelsea: Happy Birthday ulit Brian.
Brian: Salamat!
Chelsea: Brian, pwede bang akin na lang ito?
Brian: Huh... ano... eh...
Chelsea: Sige na... marami ka nanamang regalo eh. Please... Oh eto sa iyo na lang itong naagaw ko sa pabitin. Palit na lang tayo...
Brian: Ahh... umm...
*Chelsea's mom yells at the distance* Halika na Chels... gagabihin na tayo!
Chelsea: Okay po! - Oh sige Brian. Thanks.
She ran towards her mom. I stood there frozen with what happened as she waved goodbye at me. My young mind thought of something else, something most ten year old kids never think of. "Ang tanga ko naman! Yung lang ba ang gusto niya sa akin?". Until now I still wonder what happened that day. Was I manipulated? Now I realize some things. She broke my heart and I lost my Tamagochi.
Posted by Kiro @ 4:07 p.m. |