Close to Home
Saturday, June 10, 2006
The biggest news we hear on TV nowadays is the war on terrorism. You might ask why am I doing this kind of entry or why am I even getting involved with all of these. Well... Let me tell you this, We all are involved in it because we live on this earth. Many lives are destroyed by terrorism even to the tiniest bit. Sometimes you don't even notice because it has been a part of your life.
I remember when I was back at the Philippines. Before the new year came, an explosion happened at the LRT. It was all over the news and it was very disturbing. You can't imagine that the LRT that you always ride to will get bombed. After that incident the security around the Philippines got more tighter. I know some stuff similar to this had happened in other parts of the Philippines and ofcourse throughout the world.
I did not know that something more horrible than that is going to happen when I moved here in Canada. The hi-jacking of airplanes and crashing them into World Trade Centre Twin Towers in New York City USA. It was broadcasted throughout the world and we sat there in front of out TV watching the horrible crash. Many peoples lives were lost and the security, not only in the United States but to every country in the world, were tightened even more. Then some other bombings happened in Spain and the United Kingdom.
It is really scary to see all these things happened but it would be more scary if it happened close to home. Since Canada is close to the United States we usually have news from the USA and its mostly about the war on terrorism. But this past days a different kind of news is on. Its on terrorist that were arrested in Canada, but they said that they are innocent until proven guilty. I don't know what really is going on because I don't watch the news much. However I read on the Mississauga News about the people who were arrested. Here are some articles. (If you have any other articles please share them. hehe)
A couple of days ago (June 6th) as I was going around Square One Mall, I didn't realize that there were something happening there. I didn't even know that the area was shut down. Maybe because the police and all of them did not want the shoppers to panic. There was a bomb scare and the guy (I think) was arrested. I am not totally sure about this but I heard from people that Square One is one of the targets. Its quite scary because we only live about 15 minutes walk from there. Hopefully all this things won't happen close to home.
Posted by Kiro @ 8:50 a.m. |