HK film 1
Saturday, August 19, 2006
I am such a big fan of international movies especially the HK ones. Every Saturday from now on, I will be posting HK movie reviews. I have seen a couple of HK movies this past Saturdays, and they are not bad at all. So, basically I would be copying or better yet "borrowing" Jhed's popcorn post but mine would only focus on HK movies and I would not be using popcorn. And this is my first attempt to critic something, I apologize in advance for any mistake I will make.
China's Next Top Princess (2005)
At first I thought it was a reality TV show but it wasn't. The movie is more dramatic than comedy. It's a light drama with a touch of comedy. There is nothing more fun to watch than a bunch of girls fighting over to be a princess. Doing tasks and scheming to get the other participants out. I didn't quite saw the whole movie and it kind of confused me a bit because I didn't follow the whole story. Also one of the girls there... looks a bit like Neri Naig. LOL... The girls started to drop off one by one until two are left. They have both sabotaged another girl to get there. The only thing I didn't quite get much there is who the girls where. I get confused because they looks similar. But maybe I just didn't get to watch the entire film.



Heat Team (2004)
This film is about two different cops who are partnered up. One of them is "girl crazy" and the other is "clueless about girls". The movie has a powerful comedy and great action. The comedy is more real than forced or acted out. They got a good connection and a great sense of humour. Their arguments are hilarious and weird at the same time. In the movie they try to solve and get the criminals who stole something valuable, put them to jail while dealing with each other. A regular cop action/comedy movie but with more comedy! I do recommend watching this one!




Love on the Rocks (2004)
Love on the rocks is a romance/comedy/drama. It evolves around this guy who just got over a relationship and thinks what is wrong with his past relationships. Is he romantic enough or not?, that is mostly the main question in the movie. It shows the relationships that happened to both the guy and the girl. Relationship problems and misunderstanding in a relationship is in this movie. People can learn a lot from their experiences especially guys who wants to be more "romantic". It is a good chick-flick kind of movie with a touch of some blandness. I actually thought the time flew by fast and not much has happened in the movie and its already going to end. I probably enjoyed the movie that's why I notice the time.




Elixir of Love (2004)
This comedy/love movie is alright. Its about a princess who has B.O. when she was born. By the time she has to get married, no one would marry her so they decided to make a competition on who can get rid of the princess' B.O. The comedy isn't so funny but I give a bit of credit for trying and the B.O. thing is original. The love story is alright and kinda cute somehow. But some of the "corny" comedy pulls the movie down a bit.




This entry was brought to you with the help of Omni TV and Love HK Film. Oh and for those of you who would ask me what are those things I used instead of popcorn. they are Nachos... LOL... popcorn's too bland.
Posted by Kiro @ 10:41 a.m. |