First Day Funk
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Well... I haven't been writing here much because I tried to quit. I have so much stuff to say but its all overdue. I really missed blogging and yea... I guess its part of me now. From now on I am gonna post taglish... nasasanay na ako sa ingles eh. *sigh* I was still around last week but had a busy week before school started. Went to the Orientation, Hanged out and watched "Invincible" on the theatres with HS friends I haven't seen in a very long time. Went back to school for OSAP with a friend and went to the airport afterwards. Then went to a BBQ yesterday with the HS friends again and ate so much burgers and steak.
Today was the very first day of school for some people and also for me. My Class starts at 11:45AM, sobrang late na. I woke up at around 5:45AM because... because I couldn't sleep. I went online hanggang kailangan ko nang magayos at umalis. I left the house around 9:45AM and took the bus papuntang iskwela. It takes me about 1 1/2 to 2 hours just to get there by bus. Ang sakit sa ulo, lagi mong kailangan bigyan ng allowance para sa commute. I got there just in time, about 11:40, and went to my first class (BIOS101). Dahil wala na akong oras para umihi, dumeretcho agad ako sa klase and daming tao... there were probably like 500 people sa class. Wala akong kakilala at para akong bata na naligaw sa kolehiyo. Buti na lang the Prof gave us a 15 minute break before he starts the class because they were having technical difficulties. The class lasted for about 2 hrs discussing the outlines and taking notes but it went by a bit fast because we wasted so much time with the technical difficulties and all.
Natapos na ang klase at hinanap ko na ang susunod kong classroom. I got to my second class (NURS161) a bit early because the Prof kinda released us a bit early. People started coming and we got in and I found out that it was a Lab kinda class. It was kinda like a "Hospital Simulation" inside the school. May mga bed sa tabi-tabi at may nakahigang manikin. They asked us to grab a chair and we all sat in the middle. Etong klase na ito ran from about 1:35PM until 6:05PM. Napaka haba po!
We discussed the outlines, rules and stuff and watched a video. Ang dami naming kailangang gawin... since its a Lab kailangan namin hands on. Sabe sa amin in the next weeks ay matututo kami kumuha ng pulso, blood pressure at kung anu ano pa. Biruin mo merong part sa mga susunod na linggo na kailangan na matutong maglipat ng pasyente sa kama, magayos ng kama, magpakain and even magpaligo. Gagawin namen un with our partners. Ako ay shock na shock dahil kailangan pa namin magpaligo ang aming partner? As in kaklaseng partner! We also have to buy so much stuff, pati uniform at sapatos at stethoscope at kung anu ano pa. Its a very crazy class because there is so much to do. I don't even know why I got into this pero etong Nursing pa rin ang kunin ko. After discussing them we watched this very old video (1970's) titled "Mrs. Timm's gift" or something. It was umm hilarious but it teaches a very valuable lesson. Kung nanduon lang kayo at napanood niyo... you will laugh your heads off.
I guess thats it for now... My head really hurts and I don't want to get sick. Its only the first day of school. Marame pang ibang nangyare but the entry is getting long and I don't want to bore anyone out. Oh and I am going to re-do my link list... if you still want to stay just say "I<3U" in my comment. HAHA! (Di pala gumagana ang < sa comment so wag na niyo ilagay... uto uto lang naglalagay nun.)
Posted by Kiro @ 7:11 p.m. |