Bath time!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
As usual, I took the bus and went to school, leaving early and all that. I went to my BIOS101 class then headed over to NURS161. NURS161 is our practical in nursing, we are at this "hospital simulation" everytime we go tio this class. We do lectures, labs, watch videos and take a test right after. There's also so much reading for this class, but its alright. Its pretty much a fun class except with some of the stuff that you have to do.
Today our topic was hygiene. I read my very thick book and read some pretty eye opening topics. Last week they have asked us to bring towel, face towel, toothbrush and toothpaste. I exactly knew what we were going to do. We were going to groom each other. Class started and all of us are ready for whatever we are going to do. We watched a video first about hygiene. It taught us how to brush patients teeth, clean their dentures, wash ther hair, brush their hairs, and clean and cut their nails. Its basic knowledge to do those things but you just have to be careful because you are dealing with people in the hospital. Pretty much its precautions on how deal with them.
The next video taught us how to deal with bathing patients. You actually don't bathe them pouring water on them, just wiping them with a wet towel (It only depends if they are able or not). We learned how to clean their face, their arms, legs and back. Until it came to perineal care. In the video it was demonstarated by a "sunog" dude and an old "pute" lady. It was umm graphic and it scarred pretty much most of us for life, but we have to be professional about it. Its "how to" wash your clients *beep*, and the worse thing about it is it was shown on the video. POTEK! err I was laughing a bit kase ang katabe ko ay tinatakpan niya ang mata niya dahil ayaw niyang makita yung sa "sunog" na lalake. She cannot believe she has to do that. And when it came to the old "pute" lady, errr dude I gotta tell you... its not as pretty as you think.
Anyway enough about that, its time do do the lab. Gagawin na namen yon to each other. We stripped to our bathing suits and laid down on the bed and our partner is going to do it while the teacher is walking around and checking on us. Then we started na magpaligo sa isa't isa! LOL... joke lang we didn't strip down... kase niloko ren ako ng isa kong kaklase na kailangan daw namen gawen yon. You know our little group of filipino teenagers there (not the filipino adults)... maloko. Well we actually gave baths but people didnt have to take their clothes off and luckily I ran towards the bed with a manequin already in it. Salamat naman, kase if I didn't I will end up to be the one na pinapaliguan. We went throught it then we wrote our test! And that was the end of my day.
Posted by Kiro @ 11:43 p.m. |