Morning wake up
Friday, September 22, 2006
I woke up early in the morning yesterday to go to school. I took a shower, prepared myself and ate Mie Goreng (ask Juice or myself about that if you don't know what it is). I left around 6:00AM and got to school around 7:30AM. I had BIOS101 that day and its Lab. The class started at 8:05AM and I am really excited. We did the lab and in groups we went to see someone. It was an early morning wake up! Magigising ka talaga.
She was an 80 year old woman, she died on September 20th 2005 with CVA (Cerebral Vascular Accident - Stroke). She is embalmed and her head, hands and feet are wrapped. Its wrapped for two reasons; one is so no one can recognize and identify her and two it can leave a permanent damage to us because we saw her face. Nakakatrauma ren naman yon. We discussed about things, organs and whatnot. Then the instructor opened her chest area and there it was. All the internal organs, a musk of odour went into my nose and I gave two puking sound. I nearly threw up but I held it together. Puno pa naman ang aking tiyan ng Mie Goreng. I thought I was going to be able to handle it but I thought wrong. Hinde naman grabe, first time ko lang kase makakita sa personal kaya medyo naduwal ako, actually naduwal ako sa amoy.
She is laying there peacefully. I looked at her arms and legs, naisip ko na buhay itong taong to noon at ngayon ay dina-disect namen sya at pinagaaralan. I also realized that all of that is inside me and when you open me up. halos ganun ren ang nasa loob ko. I was a bit freaked because her skin has adipose tissue or fat. Ako madame rin taba, so that means ganun ang loob ng katawan ko. It was a bit freaky realizing all of that.
After that... I went to use the computer para mawala ang isip ko dun sa Cadaver. Then I went to the cafeteria to eat. Medyo di ako nakakain ng konte but I still managed to finish a personal pizza. I told the other na parang naaamoy ko pa ren. And I think some of them agreed. Pero ayun nawala na ren sya sa isip ko because I got a call from a friend and we went to the mall with a bunch of people in her class. Nakilala ko ren sila. I felt bad coming along because may class ako and we had to go back early pero ayus lang. Then I had my NURS160, we got out early and played pool sa games room. All in all it was a pretty alright day... death is a part of life and we have to face it. I thank her for sharing herself to us. For the better of Science.
Posted by Kiro @ 4:59 p.m. |